MEETING NOTICE / TENTATIVE AGENDA
OKLAHOMA CONSERVATION COMMISSION
Biltmore Hotel - I-40 & Meridian Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
March 1, 2005 - 8:00 a.m.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Discussion and possible approval of Minutes of Previous Meeting.
5. Discussion and possible approval of Recommendations for Appointment of Conservation District Directors (Exhibit #1).
6. Discussion and possible approval of Claims and Financial Statement (Exhibit #2).
7. Presentation of Commission Agreements (Exhibit #3):
Discussion and possible ratification of the following agreement:
a. Oklahoma Department of Transportation to coordinate the abatement of an AML emergency in the right-of-way along SH 270 in Alderson, OK (Exhibit #3).
Discussion and possible approval of the following amended agreements:
b. Oklahoma State University to provide for identification of critical areas in need of treatment within the Turkey Creek Watershed.
c. Oklahoma Water Resources Board to demonstrate and establish shoreline erosion vegetative control in the Stillwater Creek Project.
d. Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry to demonstrate a method to remove excess nutrients, primarily phosphorous, from nutrient-sensitive watersheds; and cost effectiveness of technology on a commercial site.
8. Discussion and possible approval of Out of State Travel Requests (Exhibit #4):
a. South Central Arc Users Group Regional Conference, March 21-25, 2005, San Antonio, TX
b. Association of State Wetland Managers and International Institute for Wetland Science and Public Policy Conference, March 22-24, 2005, Washington, D.C.
c. Benchmarking Workshop for AML Drilling and Grouting, March 22-24, 2005, Columbus, OH.
d. Clemson University/USEPA Watershed Academy, March 29-31, 2005, Clemson, SC.
e. National Association of Conservation Districts’ Spring Legislative Conference, April 3-5, 2003, Washington, D.C.
9. Presentation of Conservation District Director, Elected Position #1 (Exhibit #5):
a. Discussion and possible action to certify candidates in districts where only one eligible candidate filed a Notification and Declaration of Candidacy for Election as elected to Position #1.
b. Discussion and possible action to declare Elected Position #1 vacant in districts where no eligible candidate filed.
c. Discussion and possible authorization for Executive Director to declare candidates receiving highest number of votes during the March 8, 2005 election as elected to Position #1.
10. Discussion and possible approval of co-sponsorship of the National Land and Range Judging Contest, May 3-5, 2005, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
11. Public Comments.
12. New Business.
13. Status Reports:
a. Oklahoma Conservation Commission Members
b. Oklahoma Conservation Commission Staff
1. Mike Thralls, Executive Director
2. Ben Pollard, Assistant Director
3. Steve Coffman, Financial Management and Human Resources Director
4. Robert Toole, Conservation Programs Director
5. Larry Edmison, Water Quality Director
6. Mike Kastl, Abandoned Mine Land Director
7. Mike Sharp, Information Technology Director
8. Lisa Knauf, District Services Director
c. Oklahoma Association of Conservation Districts
d. USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
e. USDA-Farm Service Agency
14. Next Meeting: 2nd Monday, April 11, 2005, Agriculture Building Board Room, 2800 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at 9:30 a.m.